How to Make Sure Your Printed Plastic Gift Cards Look Professional
Table of Contents 
- Plastic Gift Cards Printing
- Introduction to Plastic Card Printing
- Features and Benefits of Plastic Card Printing
- Pros And Cons Of Plastic Card Printing
- Case Studies On Plastic Card Printing
- FAQs About Plastic Card Printing
- Mistakes People Make When Printing Plastic Cards
- Best Practices For Printing Plastic Cards
Plastic Gift Cards Printing
All You Need to Know About Plastic Card Printing
Plastic cards are a popular form of currency today, and their use is steadily becoming more popular. Whether you are looking to build a loyalty program or need something to reward your customers, plastic cards offer a secure, attractive, and long lasting solution. But where do you start when it comes to printing your own plastic cards? This article will explore all you need to know about plastic card printing.
Introduction to Plastic Card Printing
Plastic cards are a popular way to pay for goods and services and are used as a part of any modern farmer's or businessperson's marketing strategy. Gift cards, loyalty cards, membership cards, and reward cards are all examples of plastic cards that could be printed. Having your own plastic cards printed can give you the opportunity to stand out from the crowd and add more value to your brand.
Printing your plastic cards does not have to be difficult, as there are a number of options available. You can either print your own plastic cards with a basic home printer or use specialist printers who can produce superior quality cards with special features like metallic lettering, colored plastic, and magnetic strips.
Features and Benefits of Plastic Card Printing
There are many features and benefits to printing your own plastic cards. Some of the features of plastic cards include:
- Durability Plastic cards are much more durable than traditional paper cards, making them ideal for long-term use.
- Security Plastic cards offer more security than paper cards, making them more difficult to counterfeit or fraudulently use.
- Customization Plastic cards can be printed with custom designs, logos, and text, making them an ideal way to promote your brand.
- Affordability Plastic cards are affordable compared to other forms of currency such as coins, and are often cheaper to produce than paper cards.
Benefits of printing your own plastic cards include:
- Cost Savings Printing your own plastic cards will typically be cheaper than purchasing them from a third party.
- Time Savings Printing your own cards can save you time and money as you won't have to wait for cards to be shipped to you.
- Flexibility Printing your own plastic cards allows you to be flexible when it comes to design, features, and delivery.
- Control You have more control over the production process when printing your own plastic cards.
Pros And Cons Of Plastic Card Printing
Pros of printing your own plastic cards include:
- Easy Setup It is easy to get started printing your own plastic cards with minimal effort.
- Timely Results Your cards can be printed quickly, allowing you to get them in the hands of customers faster.
- Variety There are a variety of options available when it comes to printing your own plastic cards.
- Cost Effective Printing your own plastic cards is generally more cost effective than purchasing pre-printed cards.
Cons of printing your own plastic cards include:
- Cost of Equipment you may need to invest in specialised printers and equipment for plastic card printing.
- Time Involved Printing your own cards can be a more time consuming process.
- Risk of Quality As you are producing the cards yourself, there is a risk of quality if you do not follow appropriate procedures.
Case Studies On Plastic Card Printing
Case Study 1: gift card printing for retail company
A retail company decided to start printing their own plastic gift cards. They invested in a quality card printing machine, and developed a custom design for their cards. They then used a third-party plastic card printing service to produce the cards. The cards were printed with the company's logo and a unique barcode for tracking sales. The company distributed the gift cards to customers and encouraged them to use the cards in-store or online. The cards were a success and the company saw increased foot traffic and sales.
Case Study 2: Membership card Printing
An exclusive club needed to start printing their own plastic membership cards. They invested in a card printing machine and designed their cards to have a unique design, barcode, and background image. They used a third-party plastic card printing service to produce the cards with their custom design. The cards were a hit with their members, as they could easily keep track of their membership purchases and benefits.
Case Study 3: Loyalty Card Printing
A restaurant needed to start printing their own plastic loyalty cards. They invested in a card printing machine and worked with a third-party plastic card printing service to produce the cards. The cards were printed with a custom design, unique barcodes, and a background image of the restaurant logo. The cards were a success and the restaurant saw an increase in customer loyalty and sales.
FAQs About Plastic Card Printing
Q: How much does it cost to print plastic cards?
A: It depends on the size and complexity of the card, but typically printing a plastic card will cost between $.25 - $2 per card.
Q: How long does it take to print plastic cards?
A: It depends on the complexity of the card and the printer, but typically it can take anywhere from minutes to a few hours to print plastic cards.
Q: Are there any special features that can be included in plastic cards?
A: Yes, special features such as metallic lettering, colored plastic, and magnetic strips are available.
Q: Can I print plastic cards at home?
A: Yes, you can print basic plastic cards with a consumer-grade printer, but for better results you will need to use a specialist printer.
Mistakes People Make When Printing Plastic Cards
When it comes to printing plastic cards, there are a few common mistakes that people make. Some of these mistakes include:
- Using inferior printing equipment Printing plastic cards requires a specialised printer, and using an inferior printer can result in low-quality cards.
- Not checking the quality before printing It is important to check the quality of the cards prior to printing, as the quality of the cards will reflect on your company.
- Failing to proofread the design Inaccuracies in the design of the card can detract from its overall impact, so it is important to proofread the design.
- Not anticipating demand When printing plastic cards for a high volume of sales, it is important to anticipate demand and print enough cards accordingly.
Best Practices For Printing Plastic Cards
If you are looking to print your own plastic cards, there are a few best practices to keep in mind. Some of these best practices include:
- Invest in quality printing equipment Investing in quality printing equipment is essential for producing high quality plastic cards.
- Double-check the design Double-check the design of the cards before printing to ensure accuracy and quality.
- Test the cards for functionality It is important to test the cards for functionality prior to printing to make sure they will function properly.
- Plan ahead Make sure to plan ahead when printing plastic cards by taking into account factors such as customer demand and production time.
Plastic cards are a popular form of currency today, and their use is steadily becoming more popular. Printing your own plastic cards can give you the opportunity to stand out from the crowd and add more value to your brand. While there are pros and cons to printing your own plastic cards, if done correctly can be a cost-effective and time-saving option. Make sure to follow the best practices outlined in this article to ensure you produce high quality cards.